Getting Healthy is a choice, and we make decision by the way we spend our time, the way we eat, and the way that we do everything we do…..These recipes are here to help you take better care of yourself. Here is a recipe to help you get more vegetables into your diet, and more nutrition into your body. Consider trying this one. You can have it warm or cold. And you can make changes depending on your taste!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
yields: 2 Servings
- 1 bunch of kale, finely chopped
- 1 whole carrot, and then I added 5 miniature carrots
- 1 1/2 cups boiled water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5 healthy slices of Ginger
- 5 grapes
A quarter of a Lemon when it was done, I squeezed the lemon into the drink…
- Add kale, carrot and water to a blender and puree very well, about 2 minutes
- Add coconut milk and blend for 10-15 seconds more
- Serve warm or place in the fridge and serve chilled
For a little bit of extra spice, add a slice of ginger or a dash of cayenne pepper. Not only will these add a little zing to your smoothie, but the spices may also fend off any winter illnesses that you feel coming on!
I had mine warm…. I also added the cayenne pepper…
It was more like a soup, but it was both filling and good.