For me, Movie Night is as refreshing as a cool glass of lemonade on a hot day, but with my busy schedule and competing priorities making it to the movies is far from easy.
I knew I didn’t want to give up my movie nights, but I had to figure out a better way to have a movie night experience without all the stress!
Here are the steps I followed to get back the movie night I enjoyed, without ALL the stress that I didn’t.
How To Create The Perfect Stress-Free Movie Night…
- Create your must see movie list. When I saw previews of movies I wanted to see, or when friends told me about movies they enjoyed I created my own must see movie list. Make up a list ahead of time this makes finding great movies in a snap so much easier. With a list, you have a starting point that keeps you focused and that you can build on over time.
- Be willing to wait. I had to decide that although I would love to see that blockbuster now, sometimes it does become necessary to wait. If you have waited months for a movie to come out in the theatre you really can wait another couple of weeks until its available to watch at home. When I made that choice I also realized how quickly some of my favorites were going from the big screen to on demand. (It seems like movies take around 2-4 months to make it from the movies to on-demand).
- Find a place with a great selection. There are a ton of great movies out there that I have not seen or heard of before. Creating a fun movie night experience required both convenience and having access to a great movie selection, so find an option that offers both.
- Find options that make sense for your lifestyle. After racking up tons of rental fees for movies I kept way too long, or movies I never saw I realized renting a DVD isn’t always the best option. Surprisingly, I found out that renting a DVD WAS WAY MORE Expensive. An unpredictable life and nightly rental fees create a vicious cycle when you plan your movie day on Saturday, but don’t actually have it until Wednesday. I often found myself trying to decide whether I would keep the movie out longer or turn it in without watching it, neither option worked so I had to find an option that worked better for me.
- Find tools that help you make better choices. There is nothing worse than renting a bad movie you like you didn’t just waste time, you also wasted money. When you have access to ratings and other people’s feedback about the movies you think you want to see, it becomes a whole lot easier to spot a dud. Watching movie preview is also helpful because it lets you see a piece of the movie BEFORE you rent it.
- Find great snacks and stock up so you are always prepared. When you have quick and convenience snacks that everyone in the house enjoys planning a movie night becomes super easy because you are always prepared. Having options when an opportunity presents itself makes planning a movie night both simple and easy.
- Find a place where you can get the kind of movies you enjoy without the stress. I am busy and chasing movies is not something I have time to do. I needed an option that would give me a window of time to see the movies I wanted to see, while still offering a great selection and a good price.
When I put my list together I found options that met my needs. After looking around, I found out that my #Fios On Demand service offered me everything I wanted and more.
- A Great Selection
- Impressive Time Limits
- Movie Deal Days
- Ratings that make sense, access to movie previews, and suggestions. These features that make it easy to identify movies I want to see and movies I could skip.
Now I have the best of both worlds. I see the movies I want to see, when I want to see them and I have the convenience and flexibility I needed to reduce the stress.
If you are looking for entertainment options that work for you and your family, check out the #VerizonFios site to see what kind of great specials they are offering today!