Scandal is back and this week’s episode State of the Union was just as good as last week. Things are heating up and we have a lot to talk about. First, the fashion…
Here are three of our favorite extra’s i.e. fashion must haves from last nights episode…
(Did you see these boots?)
Next if you are going to work out… work out in style..
(Here is another fashion extra. Loved that Lululemon jacket)
Last and final fashion extra from this week’s episode..from the new collection at the Limited.
This Tweed Peplum Jacket would be a very nice edition to the fall wardrobe…Okay now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Last week, we caught up to our favorite characters and now here we go again for another installment. So, what did our favorites teach us this week.
Olivia was drafted by Cyrus even though she wanted to stay as far away from the White House as possible… Sorry Charlie, Cyrus has some pull and he is not taking No for an answer. He gave her two options… yes and yes…
Lesson One from this weeks episode…
1. Know Who You Are Dealing With…
If Cyrus will kill his own hubby, you have got to know that pressuring Olivia is like a walk in the park.
Your name may not be Olivia, but one thing is clear, you have to know who you are ealing with. If they did it to someone else, they will do it to you….Keep that in mind.
Lesson Two. Jake is in rare form this year. and the word he gives us today was BOUNDARIES.
2, Have Healthy Boundaries. Jake got the memo and it was clear that he is playing for keeps. He is very clear what he is willing to accept. Jake let Olivia know that the game was changing, he was not going for just any old thing. You need to let people know what is and what isn’t acceptable to you. Boundaries are a good thing. They keep you safe and they help you stay on track. Do yourself a favor get some boundaries and make sure that you follow them.
Lesson Three. David learned his lesson… not again.
3. Fight For What You Want and Don’t Go Without a Fight. David’s dream position was about to be stripped from him just like that. Unlike before, David has grown and this time he is willing to do what it takes to stay in the game. If you want something, be willing to fight for it. Don’t give up because that is what others want you to do. Be willing to fight for what you believe in.
Lesson 4. Huck and Quinn were our teachers for this one…
4. Be Honest With Yourself. Huck is really struggling with his relationship with Quinn, but we all can see where this is going. If you can’t be honest with yourself you are in really bad shape. If you can’t confront it, you can’t solve it. PERIOD. Make it your business to be honest without yourself no matter what the situation. Don’t let fear or shame hold you back.
Lesson 5. Well Abby, has finally found her wings.. she tells Mellie like it is, and Mellie rises to the occasion.
5. Sometimes you have to do something you don’t want to do because it is the right thing to do. Mellie is the first lady and that carries some responsibilities. We all know she is hurting, but she has a job to do. There are times when you won’t want to do things. You will want to throw in the towel, quit, give up, but you can’t. On days like this, you have to pull out the fight and do what you don’t want to do because it’s just the right thing to do.
Lesson 6. I am loving this new stronger Olivia, forget Mr. President, where is my man Jake.
6. Go Get What You Want. Olivia is going to play by Jake’s rules, at least for now. She is making it clear that yes things have changed, but that doesn’t mean they have changed. You have to make it clear what you want and then you have to do the work to get it. Jake let Olivia know his move and because she knows what she want, so did she. Make sure you get what you want.
Lesson 7. Cyrus, come on you are smarter than that.
7. Not everything is what it appears. Cyrus is walking into a trap. He is vulnerable and obviously he is not thinking. You have to be willing to look beyond the surface to find out what is going on and you really have to know what is on the line. Take the time to pay attention to where you are and what is happening around you. If it looks to good to be true… it probably is.. Be cautions and be careful.
Well that is our recap from this week’s episode.. we can’t wait to see what is going to happen next week.
If you can’t wait here is a sneak peak of next week’s episode.. Inside the Bubble