Moving is that special time when you uncover all that stuff you bought and didn’t need. You may feel like calling Goodwill and telling them to come and take it all, but wait things WILL come together.
Right now you need things to be EASY. You are crunched on time, resources and energy so I wanted to share these tips that should make moving seamless and stress-free…
Five Stress-Free Tips For Moving
- Set aside a few hours a day to get the phone numbers and websites to services you want to take with you.
- Include things like the post office for your mail, utilities, internet and TV services like Verizon Fios, and water and electricity.
- Find out what you need to move services, transfer billing and get you up and running at your new place.
Apps are your best friend…use them to help things move along smoothly
- The last thing you need is 1,000 notes on stickies you have to find to get that number or that information that you need. People will ask you question and having things all in the same place is essential.
- Get creative – put all of your favorite shows on season pass so you don’t miss a thing during your move. It may seem crazy now, but when you get a free moment to sit down and put your feet up being able to put on your favorite show or movie is priceless. I use the Fios Mobile app to put all my favorites on season pass and when I see a show that looks good I find it on the guide and add it to my list.
Use Your Resources Well..Wifi is your friend, find local spots that you can use for free and then actually use them.
- There are apps that will help you find hotspots in your area.
- Go to websites like this to find the free-wifi hot spots included with your internet services.
Schedule some downtime to relax and take it easy.
- It may seem counter productive, but rest is important. So take the time you need to do things for you in the middle of your move.
- I made sure I filled my DVR with my favorite shows and put shows I wanted to see on season pass. When I had downtime I put my feet up and caught up on my favorite shows.
Create a realistic list and celebrate what you get done, not what you don’t
- Creating lists are great, but if you fill them with 1000 things when you only have time to accomplish 10 of them is stressful and unrealistic. It can also make you feel bad when you shouldn’t
- Prioritize things based on importance, not just volume. Do the important things first & take time to celebrate your accomplishments big and small once a day.
Sometimes all you need is an action plan to help things come together so here are some tips to get you moving in the right direction. Check out Verizon Fios Service to get the fastest internet service and some flexible options.