Steamed Cabbage – courtesy of
Published Feb 22, 2007
* 1 medium cabbage
* 2 tablespoon margarine ( I USED OLIVE OIL)
* 1 scotch bonnet pepper (cut up and add for spicy)
* 2 sprig thyme
* 1 crushed garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 or 3 small slices of a sweet green pepper.
* 1 medium chopped onion or 2 table spoon onion powder
* black pepper
* salt to taste
* 1/4 cup water
1. Wash cabbage
2. Cut up/slice cabbage leaves in pieces.
3. Sauté onion, garlic, pepper, tyme in margarine.
4. Add cut up cabbage water and stir.
5. Cover saucepan and cook cabbage are tender.
6. Add whole scotch bonnet pepper
7. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
Well I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Please leave feedback so I know!