Winter, snow and cold temps are great news if you are planning your winter getaway.
Whenever you take a trip you want to create wonderful memories and a winter trip is no different.
A winter getaway is exciting because of all the unique opportunities it offers. Snowmen and snowball fights, bob sleds and ski jumps, and of course, quiet time around the fire, taking in the sights, enjoying precious moments with family and friends, but don’t you want even more? It would be great to add to that list a little bit of history, something for everyone to do and options that will allow you to enjoy the trip no matter what your budget.
When I think of traveling, leaving home and spending money I want to make sure I get as much as you can, and that is why Lake Placid really excites me. When I heard people talk about it, I had no idea how amazing it was and how much they had to offer.
Lake Placid offers you years of history and tons of winter wonderland options
So, let me share what I found out about Lake Placid’s many options.
Let’s start with a rich history…
- They hosted the Winter Olympics twice, so you can literally walk in the steps of Olympiads
- If you missed your chance to check out the Olympics, don’t worry there are events several times during the year that will let you catch a glimpse of the newest Team USA champion in training.
- The Herb Brooks Arena is the home of Smucker’s Stars on Ice, USA Hockey events and National and International figure skating competitions.
- With eleven historic and memorial spots from museums to memorials, you can explore everything from the Robert Louis Stevenson cottage to the Chaplain Memorial Lighthouse.
- This area is full of natures beauty. It has more than it’s fair share of breathe taking scenery.. mountains, trees, lakes, and more.
- There are also events all year round to keep you entertained, so before your trip you want to check the site to see what is going on during the time you are planning on going by clicking here.
Here are some other reasons to visit Lake Placid…
- Variety…food, everything from pizza to 5 star cuisine
- Accommodations….from the most affordable options to total luxury
- Three of the highest rated ecco-sustainable properties are located in Lake Placid
One of the other things to consider is when planning your trip is searching the web to see what others are saying about the destination and create a must visit list based on the ratings you read and the information you find. I did this when I went to London and found several hidden gems I would not of found otherwise.
Last but not least, Lake Placid has so much to offer and if you want to go and experience it for yourself check out this link to find out more and please don’t leave without ENTERING THE CONTEST, you may win your own trip.