Here is another one of those great tasting juicing recipes that is easy to make. I believe it is going to become one of your all time favorites! With the grapefruit juice it is also a great way to boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.
My favorite juices are the ones that don’t cost a fortune to make and the juices that I can make all year round.
When I am creating a new juice there are three elements that I consider.
- Are these ingredients easy to find?
- Are they expensive?
- Are these vegetables and/or fruits that I can use to make several different juices or just this one?
These questions give me options and they allow me to add more juices to my diet. They also make easy for me to prepare and it helps me keep juicing budget friendly. Things like access and price determine what kind of juices you make and how often you make them. Most importantly, I want the juices I make to taste great and have as many health benefits as possible.
Here is my newest creation and I know you are going to LOVE it.
It is easy to make and it costs less than $1.50 a cup to make… that is less than a 16oz. bottle of iced tea, a soda, or even one of those prepackaged juices that you find on the go.
Grapefruit Carrot Refresher
Step One: Add about 1/4 inch of Fresh Peeled Ginger
Ginger is an ingredient that has a ton of great health benefit so I add it to my juices whenever possible. It is one of those foods that is not only good for you, I believe it creates a great base for just about anything.
Benefits of Ginger
- Anti-inflammatory great for all of us, since so many of us have problems with inflammation we don’t even know we have.
- Digestive help is really important. Did you know? Many illnesses start in our digestive system.
- It supports your immune system. When your immune system is strong you don’t just feel better, you don’t get sick as often.
So, Add that Ginger!
Next up: Carrots
They are inexpensive and nutritious, you can get a 5 pound bag of of organic carrots at Whole Foods for $3.99. Carrots can be used in tons of different juices and they are easy to find year round that is why I love them.
Step 2: Add 5 small carrots or 3 Large Carrots
When it comes to carrots use a vegetable brush instead of peeling off all the skin. It’s better for you and it also helps you keep more of the fruits nutritional value. I also use a DIY veggie wash, stay tuned I will be posting the recipe for several easy to make washes on the site.
Here is a cute Veggie Brush I found on Amazon.
Benefits of Carrots
- Biotin, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, organic sodium and some trace minerals.
- Good for your eyes and so many other organs benefit from carrots.
- Excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6.
Step Three: Add One Grapefruit
Grapefruits make tons of juice and they also make a great addition to your diet because of all of their health benefits. If you are trying to lose weight they are great because grapefruit juice increases metabolism. Please note: Grapefruit juice may negatively interact with your prescription drugs so make sure you check before you try this. If you find that you can’t have grapefruit juice, you may want to try this juice with an orange instead.
The Health Benefits of Grapefruit
- Grapefruit juice increases your metabolism
- Strengthens your immune system
- Full of Vitamin C and some other vitamins and minerals
- Grapefruit may lower cholesterol
Step 4: Enjoy Your Juice…Bon Appetit
It is available at Amazon and QVC.