7 Easy and Simple Ways To Lose 10 Pounds in 8 Weeks
Every day, you move closer and closer to those bathing suit days. Ugh….
The long winter and all the cold temperatures have given us more than enough reasons to eat our favorite comfort foods. Now you have to deal with the aftermath, those unwanted pounds.
In order to get ready for those hot summer days, short, sundresses, and tons of exposed skin it is time to move our weight loss campaign into overdrive.
So, here are seven tips to help you drop those unwanted pounds FAST, WITHOUT starving yourself or making your life a living nightmare.
1. Drink More Water. This is one of the biggest tricks in the weight loss book. It helps prevent overeating and it helps you stay hydrated. Both are vitally important when it comes to losing weight, and not eating when you are not hungry. Check out this article on how to drink more water..
2. Cut out or cut down on the whites. Give your body a break from the white bread, white rice, and white sugar. They pack on the pounds and when you stop eating them, the pounds usually go, as well. Those white products get in your body and turn into sugar really quickly. Do yourself a favor and cut them out.
3. Get active. Make it your business to get more active, set aside 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week to start burning those calories. You can start with a brisk walk, a Zumba class, a fitness video, or a nice run. Get moving and start burning those calories and your body will thank you by releasing those pounds.
4. Stop Drinking those calories. You want to do yourself a favor and get rid of those empty calories. Did you know that your drinking habits can add an additional 10 pounds a year. So, be intentional about cutting those juices and sodas from your diet. If you don’t want to go cold turkey, the first week cut your beverages in half, and replace them with water, or herbal tea (without the sugar). If you want to make the transition easier for you, whenever you have juice, punch or tea, cut it with water. It’s a great way to wean yourself off of those sugary drinks without feeling like you are giving up everything at once.
5. Try a juice fast. A great way to get some momentum is for you to start with a juice fast. Three days of juice fasting can go a long way. Check with your doctor first, and get the okay, but the juice fast is a great detox and a nice way to get you started on a happier and healthier lifestyle. A juice fast will also make it easier for you to start with a clean slate.
6. Double up on fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are really good for you, The fiber helps you become more regular and it is a great way to add some of the nutrients you need. Many vegetables and fruits have water in them as well, so they help your body get what it needs. A great way to start is having a salad with lunch and dinner. You can also add fruits. Try a banana or an apple at breakfast, or have fruit as a snack. Make it your goal to double the number of fruits and vegetables you eat, even if you don’t make it, the closer you get the better
7. Add some accountability. Get a weight loss buddy, and share your fitness goals. Write down what you eat and reward yourself for making good decisions, daily, or weekly. Also, have someone keep you accountable for your actions. Knowing you have to report may make cheating a little less attractive.
If you are interested in putting this plan to work. Please leave a comment, and then check back periodically to share how you are doing.